You Magnificent Bastard

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Prospero Build Diary - Part Five

Some quick shots from this afternoon's work. A quick trip to the hardware store for some longer bolts and two springs, and here's what I have so far. Everything's in place and I've soldered the power and reset leads. Haven't done the center effects toggle - need another bolt for that. Anyway, here's a shot from the front:The luster (lustre?) on the knobs looks really great. But it's a lot less red than how I've painted the case. I'm thinking now of using the same spray (over the metallic grey base recommended by Krylon). I really like the look of that a lot better than the fire-engine red. I think that's going to be a much better look. Here's another shot of the assembly, from higher up:
You can see how the washers on the bolts press down on the switches when they are pulled, and how they're returned by springs. The rear panel is supported firmly by a pair of thin plexiglass braces.

This piece is really looking good, and I'm particularly proud of it - it's really the only part of the build that I've fabricated from scratch. Yay me, I guess.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the new red better too. Can't wait to see it all put together. Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home