You Magnificent Bastard

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Every Christmas at my house we make ersatz "gingerbread" houses from graham crackers and icing. Since normal houses got boring about the time I was in the 9th grade, I started making gingerbread houses in the shapes of famous archetecture and recognizable monuments. To date I've replicated the Eiffel Tower, Wright's Fallingwater House, and a bowling alley. This year, to commemmorate my sister's upcoming trip to Italy I built the Gingerbread Colosseum. This is a picture I took when I was done. If you look down in the middle you can see my attempt to suggest the hypogeum of the real thing. Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Jane Bellwether said…

    Dude, now this I like. When the kids had to do projects like this for school, I always cringed because I have no such skills. The other kids would come in with work that you could see their parent's hand in. You've taken it to a higher level there. And I think you should blog more, but I know sometimes it's tough to find anything that isn't already covered to death.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home